Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wherever Nina Lies

Review for: Wherever Nina Lies, by Lynn Weingarten wherever nina lies (Scholastic)
Appropriate for: YA, 12+
Overall Starred Review:
four stars

Summary:
Nina Wrigley has been gone for two years.
She was beautiful. Wild. Everybody loved her. Including her younger sister, Ellie - and Ellie is the only one who still clings onto the hope that her sister is out there. All she needs is one little clue. And one little clue is what she finds - followed quickly by a road trip, a new crush, and so much more. And along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Lies. And the most shocking thing of all: the truth.

Review:

Wherever Nina Lies caught my attention in the bookstore, and from first glance, it seemed like an amazing book to read. I’m proud to say that I was not disappointed.

Wherever Nina Lies tells the story of Ellie Wrigley, a sixteen year old girl whose sister, Nina, has been missing for the last two years. When they find a clue in the form of a drawing, and that sets off a pattern that leads her on the search for her sister.

Overall, the plot was very good. It was interesting, innovative, unconventional, but in a good way. When you read the book, you never expect the twists it takes. Since it was a debut novel, I’m very pleased with it.

I didn’t like the characters as much as I would’ve liked. Amanda is just pushy and weird, but Ellie listens to her anyway. I couldn’t connect with the characters, but nonetheless, a very intriguing story.

I recommend that you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment