Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

WoW is hosted by Breaking the Spine

Before starting this post, I’d like to say that there was supposed to be a review yesterday, but something came up, so now, hopefully, it’ll be tomorrow, and so on.

The book I’m waiting on:

Beauty queens

From bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray, the story of a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island.

Teen beauty queens. A "Lost"-like island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to emall. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count.

 

 

 

 

It’ll be released on May 24th! I can’t wait :D I’ve also got a couple more books, but iI’m saving those for next week ;D

What are you waiting on?

Enjoy! -M

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I could barely get through the Gemma Doyle series so I was unable to get myself interested in picking up this book.

    However, I seen around that many have enjoyed it. I hope you will as well.

    Zombies are for May!  Morbid Romantica Challenge links are up for Zombies along with a few book ideas.  Some I myself will be trying out! Stop by and let me know which Zombie book I should be reading!

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews
    For The L♥ve of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mad Scientist The premise sounds good enough. Though, I have an unread copy of Rebel Angels sitting there... probably not a good sign.
    I think the real one I'm waiting on is Sweet Venom by Terra Lynn Childs :D
    -M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this, too! I still have to read Going Bovine, I heard it was good. It won the Printz, so it must be!

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, really want to read this one too! Sounds amazing! Awesome choice! :)

    ReplyDelete