Thursday, June 16, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday (8)

BBH is hosted by Crazy-For-Books and FF is hosted by Parajunkee.

follow friday

 

This week’s question is:

Q. Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

A. This one is a real toughie. I love Dystopian, and the book that made me love it was the Hunger Games, and recently, Divergent. I also love Mystery. Believe it or not, several of my favorite books are middle-grade, such as Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and the ever glorious Harry Potter series. I love fantasy and horror, and my love blossomed for this one thanks to the anthology Zombies vs. Unicorns, which remains one of my favorite books. If I keep on going, this question will have not served its purpose. :P

book blogger hop

 

This week’s question is:

Q. “How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile?”?

A. *Sigh* I have a miserable 17 as of now. Let’s just say haven’t been shopping lately :(. But I will during the trip. Hopefully, this number can grow a lo- a little bit!

 

that’s it for me, folks. what is your favorite genre? leave your answers in the comments! i’d love to hear from you!

enjoy! -m

PS- Now I’m reading Order of the Phoenix! *Squee!* Whole recap to  come when I get back after the 30th. :D

Have a rather spectacularly spiffy weekend.
-M

17 comments:

  1. Dystopian FTW! Very nice blog. I look forward to reading more of your posts. New follower :-)

    http://thefablefairy.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not gotten into dystopian too much yet, though I really want to read Divergent. I did read The Hunger Games and enjoyed it, but I couldn't muster the energy to finish the series. I enjoy Percy and Harry as well (have you met Charlie? Charlie Bone?) and almost everything I read growing up was a Mary Higgins Clark mystery.

    ~Shalena @ Writer Quirk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read too much dystopian, but I did love The Hunger Games.

    New follower!
    Here's my follow friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Hopping by from the follow friday.

    Have a wonderfull weekend!
    Kyanara from the Life of a BookAholic

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hunger Games and Divergent were awesome! (: They pretty much solidified my love for YA dystopia. But I can't say I've read much mystery unless you count Nancy Drew :P

    New follower.

    My FF post

    Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping by to say Hi! *waves*

    Awesome genre pick!

    Here's our Genre pick by TheJay2xA @We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria, I love your blog name. I feel the same way I love so many books and genres it's hard to pick a fav. For me as long as there is some romance somewhere I'll read it, I'm a love lover. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome choice! I picked Dystopian as well! Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower! Happy reading, friend!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  10. My pile isn't that big because I don't have much money, but my list is HUGE. lol

    New follower (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool blog! New follower, stopping by :)

    Check mine out at http://everydayadventure11.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have way too many books on my TBR list and TBR pile. All told that comes to about sixty books.

    Now here's the scary math: I read roughly one book per week - and sometimes two. But two to three books are being added to my TBR list every week.

    Stressful, right?

    Wrong!

    Hop on over to my blog - http://www.howardsherman.net and find out why.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/06/were-doing-book-blogger-hop_18.html
    New Follower
    I have a Never-ending list of TBR's :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey stopping by from follow friday, great choices & great blog! Looking forward to more posts. Have a great weekend. New follower!

    Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey I visited your blog from the crazy-for-books blog hop!

    Teen Fiction Centre is a brand new blog, that offers news, reviews and author interviews, all about the latest Teen / YA fiction.

    If you could write a guest post or review, or help support our new blog in any way, please email teenfictioncentre@live.co.uk or visit Teen Fiction Centre !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by from the blog hop.

    Cute blog.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete