Friday, July 1, 2011

Harry Potter/Trip Recap

First of all, HI! I’m back.

As you know, I had been in Harry Potter exile for the past two or three weeks. And it has been way beyond majestic.

First of all, I scold myself. WHY, why did I not read them sooner?! I must be stupid or something. Because, to my delight, Harry Potter has really skyrocketed to the #1 spot on my favorite books of all time list. I can never say that enough.

Secondly, I had the marvelous opportunity to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure, which was my only request. It was AMAZING!! I can’t tell you how much I loved it. My cheeks hurt from smiling, and I guess that tells you much. I actually finished the Deathly Hallows the night before I went there. I rode on the castle ride twice. I got Neville’s wand. I wanted to go to Ollivander’s, but the line was insane and my family was already on other rides at other parts of the park. I still love Neville’s wand, and he was one of my favorites since the beginning. I also had butterbeer. Am I the only one who thinks that it’s really sweet and after a few sips, it’s just too much (I had it frozen)? It was still good, though. I ate lunch at the Three Broomsticks, which was lovely.

All in all, that is my favorite memory from the trip. No contest. I feel like a changed person after the reading the HP series. It just feels different. I’m just weird like that, I don’t know.

Anyway, I had an AMAZING time, and I can’t wait to go back to the WWHP :D

See ya soon!

-M

PS. I’m a Gryffindor! In which house are you?

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo jealous, I cannot wait to got to the Harry Potter world. Was going to go next summer, but looks like it will be put back another year. :(

    Sounds so incredible - I'm glad you had such a good time, the books are still at the top of my favourites list. :D

    ReplyDelete