Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WoW (News and Updates)


WoW is hosted by Breaking the Spine.
The book I’m waiting on this week:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Book Cover

The Fault in our Stars by John Green
Author of the New York Times bestseller Looking for Alaska, John Green delivers his next page-turner -- The Fault in Our Stars. Pre-order his book today!





I really enjoy John Green’s books, so I’m really looking forward to this one!

-o-
[Check out my tumblr]
I finally got into Pottermore! Well, I got in on the second day, but still! I’m so excited! Did you get in?

So, there’s tragic news. For those of you who don’t live in Puerto Rico, we only had one good bookstore, and that, ladies and gentlemen, was Borders. Only one store. Which closed at the end of July. So this is call for chaos. No bookstores in my country anymore. A group of investors is trying to buy the store back, but the chances look slim :\.

This means that the quantity of reviews is going to diminish a bit. I’ve still got a big enough TBR pile to keep this going, but not that much, so I’m going to have to find a substitute. E-books maybe? I’ve always hated those.

Well, what are you waiting on?
Love, -M

8 comments:

  1. I have been away, so I didn't get to try to find the magic quill! You are so lucky! I will try tomorrow if I can since it is closed today... Anyways, I have heard a lot of great things about John Green but I haven't read any of his books! I hope to read them soon. Feel free to check out my WoW here. New follower!

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could buy books online? The Book Depository (http://www.bookdepository.com) ships to most countries worldwide for free. I checked and Puerto Rico is one of those countries :). Their prices are pretty good and they have almost any book you might be looking for, especially new releases. I hope this helps!

    Happy Wednesday :)
    Pamela @ At Home Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book. John Green is awesome.

    Oh my! That is really awful that you don't have a bookstore! I hope you get one soon!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Great choice! I pre-ordered my copy a few months ago and absolutely can't wait to read it. I love finding different covers on Tumblr. I wonder what it'll look like in the end.

    Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/re4PgY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really been able to get into John Green's books--but I always wish I could. Here's my WoW, if you want to check it out: http://booklightgraveyard.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-lola-and-boy-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly I have never read one of his books. This story does look good though. I hope you enjoy the book when you do read it.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of John Green's books, but I've heard a whole bunch of good things about them! I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got into Pottermore on day 2 as well! My username is SeerCentaur. I loved all the random usernames.

    Don't hate on e-books! I love my kindle. Give it a try with an e-ink reader and you might actually like it. Here's my WoW post
    WoW: Clockwork Prince

    ReplyDelete