Sunday, December 11, 2011

IMM

Hello, fellow readers! It’s been a while since I last posted a review, and that’s because I’ve got finals coming up next week and I’ve been studying. After the 16th, reviews will be back on track.
Yesterday in the mail from Amazon, I got:


Nick & Norah's Infinite PlaylistNick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.
Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist is a comedy about two teens thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and, live, loud music. Nick frequents New York’s indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and Norah is questioning all of her assumptions about the world. Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band’s secret show and ends up becoming the first date that could change both their lives.
From YA fan-favorites Rachel Cohn and David Levithan comes the story of Nick and Norah. This movie tie-in edition also includes an 8-page photo insert from the film, as well as a map of Manhattan, detailing all of the sites Nick and Norah go to on their all-night date.



The History of the World According to Facebook
The History of the World According to Facebook by Wylie Overstreet

In August 2010, Wylie Overstreet published a satirical article called "If Historical Events Had Facebook Statuses" on the website CoolMaterial.com. Within a month, it had received 3 million views and had been "liked" by 120,000 Facebook users.
In A WORLD HISTORY ACCORDING TO FACEBOOK, Overstreet expands this concept into a full-length history of the world, from its creation up through to the present day, as if Facebook had existed all along and Abraham Lincoln had written a status update about "taking the missus to the theater" on April 15, 1865 and Ben Franklin had done the same alerting his network that he′d signed the Declaration of Independence ("Bring it," replied John Adams). Filled with hundreds of real-life historical figures and thousands of not-at-all-real Facebook statuses, comments, and actions, and parodying Facebook users′ proclivity to over-share and use lazy jargon ("lol," "rofl," "fml," etc.), this is the definitive humor book for our generation.
^This was a Christmas present from a friend of mine, and I finished reading it in one sitting. It is hilariously amazing.

Saving June  Saving June by Hannah Harrington.
When her older sister commits suicide and her divorcing parents decide to divide the ashes, Harper Scott takes her sister's urn to the one place June always wanted to go: California. On the road with her best friend, plus an intriguing guy with a mysterious connection to June, Harper discovers truths about her sister, herself and life.












Looking for Alaska  Looking For Alaska by John Green
Miles Halter is fascinated by famous last words and tired of his safe life at home. He leaves for boarding school to seek what the dying poet Francois Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps." Much awaits Miles at Culver Creek, including Alaska Young. Clever, funny, screwed-up, and dead sexy, Alaska will pull Miles into her labyrinth and catapult him into the Great Perhaps.
Looking for Alaska brilliantly chronicles the indelible impact one life can have on another. A stunning debut, it marks John Green's arrival as an important new voice in contemporary fiction.






John Green is one of my favorite authors and I can’t wait to read this! I’m halfway through Nick & Norah, and I love it! It’s hilarious!

What did you get in your mailbox?
Love, -M

7 comments:

  1. Saving June is amazing! Just so cool! The facebook book looks really funny. I might have to check that one out. Great books :0)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nick and Norah was the only book where I liked the movie better... But I can't wait to read Saving June!

    Enjoy all your books (that you haven't read yet) and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Mailbox this week!

    If you have a moment, please come and show your support for either Hermione or Katniss - Here
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your mailbox this week! :)
    I've really really wanted to read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist because my friends go on and on and on about the movie, which I still haven't seen. And the facebook one looks amazing. :D I've seen little snippets of it, but I never realized it was an actual book. I'll have to buy it!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books this week, they sound awesome!! have an awesome week!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Saving June, and Looking for Alaska is definitely my favorite John Green book!

    In My Mailbox - The Secret Santa Edition :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking for Alaska is on my must read list - I've heard so many good things about it. I loved Nick and Norah - so fun. Happy Reading, Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete